Birthing Center Team
The Birthing Center at UM Shore Regional Health has a team of experienced and compassionate caregivers including:
- Anesthesiologists - The anesthesiologists at UM Shore Medical Center at Easton are board certified physicians who specialize in administering anesthesia and medical pain relief as an option to safely control pain during labor and delivery.
- Certified Nurse Midwives - Midwives are advanced practice registered nurses who provide counseling, support and assistance before, during and after childbirth. Midwives are trained and licensed in both nursing and midwifery.
- Lactation Consultants - Lactation consultants provide education, support and guidance to support a mother's decision to breastfeed.
- Nurses - Registered nurses are there for mothers and babies throughout their stay at the Birthing Center. They are trained in the care of obstetric and newborn patients. Many nurses have certifications and advance training.
- Obstetricians - Obstetricians are medical doctors who specialize in obstetrics and gynecology. They are specifically trained to care for women with more complex medical conditions during pregnancy, labor and delivery, and who may be considered low or high-risk.
- Pediatricians - Pediatricians are board certified physicians who specialize in the care of babies, infants and children. They provide thorough care for newborns during the Birthing Center experience.